Faith Fellowship Ministries
WHY DO WE WORSHIP?
Our desire is to achieve a rewarding experience each time we worship God corporately. The Bible instructs believers to utilize various postures of worship, some of which are listed below.
WHY DO WE WORSHIP GOD?
- “Thou shall worship the Lord they God and Him only shall thou serve.” (Matthew 4:10; Psalm 95:6; Revelation 15:4)
HOW SHOULD WE WORSHIP GOD?
- “… God is a Spirit and those that worship Him, must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24; Psalm 96:9)
WHY DO WE CLAP OUR HANDS?
- “Oh clap your hands all ye people, shout unto God with a voice of triumph.” (Psalm 47:1)
WHY DO WE LIFT OUR HANDS?
- “Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord.” (Psalm 134:2; 63:4; 1 Timothy 2:8)
WHY DO WE HAVE AUDIBLE PRAISE UNTO GOD?
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.” (Psalm 103:1; Revelation 19:1-6)
WHY ARE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS A PART OF THE WORSHIP SERVICE?
- “Praise Him with the sound of trumpet… with the psaltry and harp… with the timbrel and dance… with stringed instruments and organs… upon the loud cymbals.” (Psalm 150:3-5; Revelation 14:2)
WHY DO WE PRAY WITH LAYING ON OF HANDS AND ANOINTING WITH OIL?
- “They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” (Mark 16:18)
- “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” (James 5:14)
WHY DO WE SPEAK IN TONGUES AND INTERPRET IN CHURCH?
- “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal… to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues.” (1 Corinthians 12:7; 14:5, 27, 39)
WHY DO WE PROPHESY?
- “But he that prophesieth unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.” (1 Corinthians 1:1; 14:3)
WHY DO WE RECEIVE TITHES AND OFFERINGS?
- “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Malachi 3:10)
- “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” (Luke 6:38)
- “Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee.” (Deuteronomy 16:17)